5.26.2010

behind


I feel like I am behind in everything.

Normally, it wouldn't bother me - there is always tomorrow.

but this bun is just about done baking and the behindedness is weighing on me.

I realize this feeling is mostly due to the fact that I have a mental list of *things to get done* that just keeps growing regardless of how many items get accomplished.

I'm going to have to just accept that we're never really going to be ready for our new arrival and that is alright.

We have gotten heaps done though like:
*Finishing the nursery but for some shelving and a seemingly elusive rug
*Painting our master bedroom gray (love it)
*Convincing my husband that we *needed* to sell our perfectly fine master bed on
craigslist and replace it with the absolutely amazing edlund poster bed from ikea
*Beginning the process of taming our jungle backyard
*Lots of other impressive stuff that is currently escaping me


Oh, and at week 36 (I'm behind on the belly shots) the dilation and effacing has begun. Though, I'm convinced that I'll still be puttering about very much pregnant at week 41.

4 comments:

  1. where did the time go?!?!

    ooh, a poster bed. tell your husband that i told him that whatever mama wants, mama gets! sometimes it works, especially after they've seen all the hard work you've done carrying and birthing your child...heheh.

    i was sitting on the floor putting together my new Poang chair the night before i went into labor. the final few weeks were crazy with crossing off things on my to-do list, but now i wish i had done less. whatever needs to get done, will get done. and everything else? meh, priorities shift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...you look absolutely amazing and congratulations on your first baby!
    It is true that you are never quite ready but, you are ready enough! I am so happy for you and hope your birth goes happily and healthily.
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've accomplished a lot! Take it easy...I'm sure it's not easy being 34 weeks pregnant. But you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting time for you both! I am so thrilled for you. Your nursery looks rather special; I can see it being a serene place for nursing and baby sleeps. I don't think one can ever feel ready. The only thing I would say one really needs before birth is....rest. This could possibly be the one time in your life where people plead with you to put your feet up, rather than making you feel guilty for it!

    And just reading Erica's comment above, when I went into labour with Lucy (my first daughter) I my husband was working on a bathroom renovation. As I was contracting he was madly hammering a gaping hole in the outside wall, trying to get the job done. Let me tell you, it got put on hold and it didn't matter one iota.

    ReplyDelete